- Rent: $777
- Utilities: $480
- Groceries: $300*
- Shopping: $160
- Gas: $75
- Restaurants: $50
- Credit cards: $300
*I know!! I'm only one person!! But I am working on a plan of combining coupons and sales. I promise!
These expenses would change in the following way once I become unemployed:
- Rent: no real change; could take in roommate though to cut all expenses in half
- Utilities: would cut out lawn service, home phone and cable, leading to a drop of $220/mo.
- Groceries: going down with time commitment and planning
- Shopping: decrease; even though I still need clothes, I am looking into more cost-effective means [Goodwill, etc.]
- Gas: would decrease without driving to current job across town
- Restaurants: cooking at home 99.9% of time; no more work lunches out since I forget to pack a brown bag
- Credit cards: no change
Yes, I have grappled with the thought of implementing all of these changes now. But I hold out hope that I will not have to make these radical changes in my life just yet. I feel I can cross that bridge when I get there. While I may just be avoiding the inevitable, I can at least cherish what few months I have left with my familiar ever-employed life. And my cable tv.