Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back in the Saddle

So this past week or so I have re-dedicated myself to job searching. FUN, I know! It's become fun again mainly because there are jobs being posted that fit my criteria on all the major sites. This resurgence has invigorated me. I've redone my resumes, written cover letters during lunch and even put off doing my normal lazy activities (read: watch reality tv and eat) to take the opportunity to submit a resume or two.

It's always been that I procrastinate so much while applying to a job opening that it's sometimes gone right when I am ready to apply. I have to have the perfect opening statement to my cover letter. I have to look up and reconnect with references. I have to re-do my resume to make it perfect. All that is out the window now. Thanks to the boyfriend, I am [somewhat] relaxing my standards just to get my information in front of HR's eyes. Good is good enough. Done is good. However you want to put it, I am kicking my perfectionism to the curb. I guess we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment