Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cinematic Adventure

My title is with apologies to Dane Cook - I think that's where I've heard it.

Catching some tv today, I saw the end of The Devil Wears Prada. I've never seen this movie and heard mixed reviews when it first came out. I've attempted a read of the book, but I never got around to it with work and all [imagine that? I've been employed since grad school]. In any event, I've decided that once I am officially unemployed [starting Friday at 5 pm... ack!] and once I finally shut off my cable that I will reward myself with watching movies through free or inexpensive means.

I've never been a big movie person - I get bored and listless during especially long movies, since I always have so much to do. But I want to see all these movies people quote from and reference. So I am planning my future cinematic adventures. I want them to be awe-inspiring and career- or work-related.

In no particular order:

- The Devil Wears Prada watched 6/27/09
- Rent
- Working Girl
- 9 to 5
- Confessions of a Shopaholic (okay, not a really serious movie, but I read the book and have a true neeeed to compare!)
- Reality Bites
- Big Lebowski
- Falling Down (If I'm in the mood for drama)
- Office Space (have seen - always a classic to remind me of what I'm not missing)
- His Girl Friday (have seen - even more classic than Office Space)
- Julie & Julia (Can not WAIT to see this! I hope it's as good as all the trailers purport)

Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment